83 gs650 rear oil seal change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs650 rear oil seal change

I have an 83 gs650 and gear oil is coming out of the hub. I think it's the #16 on fische that I need and I was wondering if it is a straight forward change or if there is any tips out there that cvould help me.

Originally posted by Big Daddy View Post
    I have an 83 gs650 and gear oil is coming out of the hub. I think it's the #16 on fische that I need and I was wondering if it is a straight forward change or if there is any tips out there that cvould help me.
    I haven't done this yet myself, but it looks like fun. First, make sure the pumpkin is not overfilled with 30 weight oil instead of 80/90 hypoid oil. Head to Basscliff's site and check out his rear wheel removal tutorial on his 850. (this is a good time to think about new rear tire if yours is 10 years old). My Clymer manual is pretty good on attacking the innards of the assembly- note/ take pics of orientation of all pieces as you disaasemble. How many miles on your bike?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Tom for replying, I did take a look at BassCliff`s tire removal and that is going to help alot. I am going to take many pictures of the removal, and I might as well change the tire anyways.
      Just hoping all goes well

Comment

Working...
      X