same clutch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same clutch problem

i'm still having the same clutch problem. the hotter the engine gets the the more the adjustment changes on the clutch. when i start it up in the morning the adjustment is perfect. depending on how i drive or how fast i drive by the time i get to work the clutch is way out of adjustment. sometimes to the point when i pull the lever in it doesn't even start to open the clutch up. if i just run the highway at 50 to 60mph for 45 min or less it doesn't get too bad, but i run the interstate 70 to 80mph then its like i have no clutch in 10 to 20 min. as soon as it cools off the the adjustment is perfect again. i've already replaced the fibers and steels with ebc parts with no change and then back to new oem components with no change. i also run royal purple motorcycle oil, but ive never heard anyone complain about this. in desperate need of help!!!
    Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM.

With the bike on the centerstand, engine not running and the transmission in neutral, can you spin the rear tire easily with one finger and does the rear tire spin freely?

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

yes. very easy to turn, and i know the clutch isn't slipping.

Comment

Originally posted by shinzon1 View Post
        yes. very easy to turn, and i know the clutch isn't slipping.
        OK, then about all that leaves is a frayed stretching clutch cable. If the cable is old that would be likely.

Earl

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

cable is brand new too and well oiled. oem suzuki.

Comment

It sounds heat related to me. I would check all the cooling fins (not likely the cause) and switch to dino fluid. Synthetics can do strange things to wet clutches; this may be the issue. I would change to Rotella Diesel and see if there is any change. If it changes some, but not completely, change again (an oil change does not remove all the old fluid).

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              It sounds heat related to me. I would check all the cooling fins (not likely the cause) and switch to dino fluid. Synthetics can do strange things to wet clutches; this may be the issue. I would change to Rotella Diesel and see if there is any change. If it changes some, but not completely, change again (an oil change does not remove all the old fluid).

Good advice there. I had forgotten about a bike some years ago that I put synthetic oil in. I finished the oil change, started the bike and put it in gear. It would not move an inch. Drained the oil and put the usual Castrol 20w50 back in it and everything was fine.

Earl

Comment

ok. ill try that next week. i just find it odd that motorcyle specific synthetic oil that has wet clutch safe properties would cause a problem. i can understand the car synthetics which r not clutch compatible. thanks! maybe ill get to it tomorrow. ill let u know how it goes.

Comment

ok. so i did the first oil change to start to flush the roryal purple out of there. put rotella in. can't say for sure as i didn't have enough time to ride very far but the clutch does seem to be better. gonna change it atleast one more time to hopefully get most of the rest of the old oil out and go for an hour or so ride and let u know then. thanks for the help though!

Comment

Working...
                  X