Connecticut Feral Kat w/chipped tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecticut Feral Kat w/chipped tooth

I bought an '82 Kat a couple weeks ago and upon closer inspection I found it piece of the lower casing broken. Can this be fixed? Suggestions? Thanks.

silver duck tape will blend right in.

Comment

It would be very difficult to fix, not impossible. But it won't hurt anything

Comment

Fill it with Epoxy. I had a motor with almost the the exact damage.
        Ran fine and couldn't tell.
        Did you get that motor from the bottom of a lake? The ignition is rusty?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Fill it with Epoxy. I had a motor with almost the the exact damage.
          Ran fine and couldn't tell.
          Did you get that motor from the bottom of a lake? The ignition is rusty?
          I picked it from a guy who had it in a shed for the last 5-6-7 years. Actually calling it a shed would be giving it too much credit. I was more like 2x4/plywood/tarp condo for stray kats. He needed to a fix a blown head gasket on his truck so for $800 bucks he got funds for his repair needs and I got neglected Katana.

Comment

Tape the inside, put the cover on with a little grease or astroglide on the edge so it wont stick to the JB, fill the hole with JB weld, remove cover and tape when it kicks, sand it flush.

Comment

Working...
            X