oil leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leaks

First off i know that i have had a few different posts on this site and everyone has been very helpful so thank you very much. I just got this bike a month ago and have final got it to a point that i could ride it. My problem now is after i ride for about half an hour to an hour i have oil leaking out around the heads and at the front of the engine where the tach cable attaches. Also down by the clutch arm i have a leak on the side cover near the oil fill hole. I also have seen some bubbles in the site glass on the side of the engine. Because this bike has not been running for a few years i put a new petcock in and i have also rebuilt the carbs twice and synced the carbs. I checked the intake boots and they are ok i used new orings on the boots and carbs that i ordered of this site recommendation. The bike still lacks power on the top end and the plugs are a white grey colour it seems like it is leaning out a bit was just wondering if because it sat so long could the crank seals be no good and that is what is causing some of my problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Put your bike/model/year in your signature (83 katana?) to aid us mentally challenged folks! Tach cable at head has o-ring that could fail, sending oil lots of places. "bubbles" in oil sight glass is weird- make sure your oil level is not overfilled and hasn't been contaminated with gas. I don't remember if you have the stock airbox/filter setup, but if you suspect lean at top end, suspect this along with adequate fuel delivery to carbs.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the post i will check the oring on the tach cable

Comment

Working...
      X