which is better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is better

The early 1150 used a base gasket 11241-00A02 only while the later ones used base gasket 11241-00A10 plus 4 orings that appear to go around the corner studs. I assume the newer style is better and can be used on the earlier engines. Am I wrong? Any and all opinions please.

53 views and no opinions? I ordered the new style and hope it works.

Comment

Originally posted by OLDENUFF View Post
      53 views and no opinions?
      Hey, I gave you an opinion based on all my experience with these bikes.

You didn't see it?

That's because I have no experience with them, so was not able to offer an educated opinion.

I"ll bet most of those views were because of the limited information in the title. "Which is better" can apply to just about ANYTHING, whether it's GS related or not. A better title would have been "Which base gasket is better for my early 1150?" Not only would it have prevented people like me from opening it to see what you were asking about, but would go along with the suggestion that has been posted on "How to ask questions". Many times we will say to do an advanced search and limit it to titles only. How is that search going to have any idea that your question was about a gasket or an 1150?

With decent thread titles, a title search would be a very useful tool.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Point taken. Thanks

Comment

Use the later gasket. They will also work on the 1100s. Same with the head gaskets if you have an 1134, 1100.
          Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X