Chain noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain noise

Noticed today my rear wheel making almost like a grinding noise. Put it on the center stand in neutral and turn the wheel. It made a kind of scraping/grinding noise and the chain seems dry. Any ideas? The chain also seems to catch a little
    Last edited by Guest; 08-19-2012, 09:31 PM.

Originally posted by cid View Post
    Noticed today my rear wheel making almost like a grinding noise. Put it on the center stand in neutral and turn the wheel. It made a kind of scraping/grinding noise and the chain seems dry. Any ideas?

How old the chain? Need to keep it lubed.

Wheel bearing making the noise?

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Lube/adjust the chain, inspect the sprockets and pull the rear brake pads and take a peek.

Eric

Comment

As has been said lube and adjust chain then fix the brake.

Your other thread states you are looking for a rear drum.

Would suspect a combination of things including PO neglect of drive train.

Comment

I had a chain noise that was driving me nuts on my '82 GS1100E. Turned out to be the chain chaffing on the chain guard, but not on rear where you'd expect it, it was on the side closest to the center of the engine up front.
          Apparently the chain guard case had just enough indentation that the chain rubbed on it. I staightened out the indent and that was the end of that noise.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
          X