Oil leaking from studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leaking from studs?

Hi, I assumed the cam shaft cover gasket was leaking...even got the new gasket but upon close inspection today..it appearrs to be from the head stud cap nuts? Is this a common situation and is the fix to just remove and replace? kinda crappy pic..sorry..
    Last edited by Guest; 10-16-2012, 09:17 PM.

Originally posted by slyone View Post
    Hi, I assumed the cam shaft cover gasket was leaking...even got the new gasket but upon close inspection today..it appearrs to be from the head stud cap nuts? Is this a common situation and is the fix to just remove and replace? kinda crappy pic..sorry..
    have you tried torquing it down? and you're sure it's from the bolt and not the cover?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

they should have copper washers on them, they are either missing or over crushed and need replacing
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        they should have copper washers on them, they are either missing or over crushed and need replacing
        Yea Thanks! No I haven't done anything with them. Clymer mentions retorqueing every 4 or 6k IIRC...Probably be just as well to replace that copper washer then..?..

Originally posted by azr View Post
        have you tried torquing it down? and you're sure it's from the bolt and not the cover?
        Yes. I do plan to do the cover as well though.

Comment

Working...
        X