How to adjust a clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to adjust a clutch

My 82 1100gl won't start it's done it in the past but I adjusted it and it would start now I have replaced the.clutch cable and I just can't get it to start so how do u guys adjust a clutch cable

Bypass the cluth safety switch under the clutch lever. That is if it isn't turning the starter.
    If it is turning the starter look somewhere else.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You follow the process in the manual
      Check the basscliff website to see if he has the one for your bike.

I fiddled about with mine before using the reference and it is the only way to go.

Comment

How do I bypass the safety switch just a simple snip or wat

Comment

follow the wires from the clutch, should connect in the headlight bucket, disconnect the wires and connect them together. one is female the other male connect them together, the wires from the clutch perch can be removed.

Comment

I agree on the clutch safety switch...its a pain in the azz most times. Follow the leads down into the bucket and unplug them. plug the two from the harness into each other and done. Secondly, did you turn the splined shaft for the linkage all the way clockwise and then install the link? Thats important so theres adequate cable length to do the rest. Set the shaft all the way clockwise, put on the linkage, then install the cable into the threaded carrier on top of the tranny till theres about 3/4 inch left sticking out at the adjuster nut. Set the adjuster on the clutch perch till its about centered on the threads. You then start the adjustment process from the bottom main adjustment. get it close as you can with the bottom adjustment and use the upper adjuster as a "fine tuning" adjustments.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X