Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise during take off

Hello,

I ride a GS850L and It is my daily rider, I was leaving for work the other morning and felt a little vibration and noise when I was trying to pull off for dead start. I went home yesterday and checked the oil. it was a little low ( only 1/4 of a quart) started it up and was really trying to pin point the noise. With no luck as to frosure where it is coming from. I did notice the other day that my oil light was flickering at idle. however it did not flicker at all yesterday afternoon. I am thinking oil pump going bad? Could this cause the noise and flickering?

Thanks

Not sure, but I will be watching this thread to see the outcome. I crashed a bike a couple months ago, and although it has not been on the road yet since, it has a flickering oil light. It was never there before.
    Oil is right on mark, so I am baffled at the moment. I have no noise tho to go along with my light prob.
    Am sure others will offer some advice on some things to check.
    good luck

Comment

Possibly the clutch making the noise.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
        Possibly the clutch making the noise.
        Yes, also check secondary drive oil- maybe check for play in secondary drive u-joint to be safe.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Well I checked the clutch all looks good, No worn disk nothing loose. I also looked under the stator cover nothing loose or moving freely. I will be looking at secondary oil and driveline after I look at timing chain.
          This really has me confused. It ran perfect the night before then the next morning it started doing this as soon as I started it. Oh well. Guess I will find it somehow.

Comment

The connector on the oil pressure sensor could have a flaky connection. Easy enough to check.

What does the noise sound like? Does it change frequency with engine or wheel speed?
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

It is a groaning noise it sounded like the timing chain to me no it does not change any with RPM changed. I have not rode it at all after the noise was heard, I did put it in gear and try to pull off and it is worse just as you start feeling the pulling of the clutch.

Comment

Working...
              X