G/K questione'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G/K questione'

won't get many replies answering my own questions prolly, but oh well here goes,
    Whining on deceleration,sound travels I thought it was the tranny, drained and replaced secondary fluid, so my question issss....
    If I look at the fluid and feel I should be on lasd, u think it may be coming from the final drive?
    who knows,
    it seems I work on others vehicles all goes good, when I work on mine all goes south, so if it's nice and metallic fluid, think I should be replacing the final drive?

its a no brainer really, if there is metal in the oil something is breaking up in there. you need to pull it apart and see what is about to self destruct in there.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

right? lol, it quieted a little after the oil change, thank god work is 2 miles away, some day this week I will put my known good used one in and check the ring gear and pick the best of the 2.
      And get measurements for the valve shims for that project.
      Thing is I have been so busy fixing other peoples broken things making me money , I just havn't had time for my own stuff.
      That is coming to an end real soon, then when all my stuff is done it's back to side jobs and my part time job.Life is grand

Comment

Score!!! the rear wheel from my parts bike has the silver metal ring not the soft one probably present in the G/K.And it looks mint. Friday is the day for installation, head stem bearings, a few other things then, pic's to sell leftovers from the L, it is 100% stripped now. took about 2 hrs.
        Engine is out, fasteners saved, just have to clean em up and get rid of em.

Comment

and yes I talk to myself and converse with myself, it is safer that way I suppose

Comment

New final drive in, the parts bike had a silcer ring gear ,woohoo.Headstem bearings in, smooth n quiet now.valve clearance check next

Comment

Working...
            X