Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lube wrist pins and cam bearing journals with moly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lube wrist pins and cam bearing journals with moly?

Any one have an opinion . . .Do I need to Lube wrist pins and cam bearing journals with moly? Or, can I just oil them?

Thanks!

Mark

Originally posted by rippledub View Post
    Any one have an opinion . . .Do I need to Lube wrist pins and cam bearing journals with moly? Or, can I just oil them?

Thanks!

Mark
    Personally Mark I would use engine oil on the wrist pins and moly on the cam bearings and lobes.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
      Personally Mark I would use engine oil on the wrist pins and moly on the cam bearings and lobes.
      Thats the way I do it, except that I add a squirt of oil to the moly to give it a bit more fluidity.
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Thanks guys, realized I didn't have any moly, so I thought I would check before making the trip into town. But at least I can get the pistons and cylinders together before I have to go.

Comment

a liberal coating of oil will be enough. after all, that is all the cams rely on after a cold start.

(just my opinion)
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

as they say, "It can't hurt"!

Comment

maybe I should start a new thread for this, but . . . The front cam chain guide (part #12771-45052) It isn't obvious to me where it engages/sits down in the engine. I can see where the top of it slides into slots in the cylinder head. Does this part get slid into place after the cylinder head goes on, or should it be put in there before sliding the cylinders down over the pistons?

Comment

Originally posted by rippledub View Post
                maybe I should start a new thread for this, but . . . The front cam chain guide (part #12771-45052) It isn't obvious to me where it engages/sits down in the engine. I can see where the top of it slides into slots in the cylinder head. Does this part get slid into place after the cylinder head goes on, or should it be put in there before sliding the cylinders down over the pistons?
                have a looky here......

that should answer your question
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thank You! For some reason it didn't pop up when I searched cam chain guides.

Comment

Working...
                  X