1100E vs 1200 Bandit parts interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E vs 1200 Bandit parts interchange

Local guy is selling some parts off his suzuki oil cooled 1200 race engines.. he says all the oil cooled suzuki 1100-1150-1200 are similar and most parts interchange..
    hes got brand new clutch basket, race clutches, cdi, coils etc etc..
    i could get these at a very good deal.. my bike is the 82 1100E..
    the clutch basket is probably useless to me because the gear is different? could I dissasemble the basket and at least use the backing plate? the clutch plates are aluminum backed..

As far as I know, none of the parts are a direct bolt in. With machining and mods, you might be able to use some, but mostly, not even with remachining. Bores, cylinder, pistons, valve cover, cases, etc are all different. The spark plugs can be used though. LOL
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

he must mean GSXR Oilers (1st and 2nd Gen) and Bandit. IIRC, the Bandit engine is a detuned 2nd Gen 1127

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        he must mean GSXR Oilers (1st and 2nd Gen) and Bandit. IIRC, the Bandit engine is a detuned 2nd Gen 1127
        you are exactly right.. . it`s the 1127 he`s referring to.. the 1100 gs engine is different.. he praised those 1127`s in that they were bulletproof.. they run them in dwarf cars, they`re stock cars.. he said they never had one blow up.. they barely wear out LOL those stock cars take a S$$T kicking too

Comment

The closest the GS got to the GSXR are the 83+ GS700/750 engines

But that doesn't mean a 1127 won't fit into a GS.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
          Last edited by posplayr; 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X