Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

left side crank case cover gasket. where can I find one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

left side crank case cover gasket. where can I find one?

On my 80 gs1100 that I'm currently working on the crank case cover on the left side is spewing oil. I can't seem to find a gasket anywhere. Am I stuck with making one or is there somewhere to buy it that I haven't looked. I had one purchased on ebay but the guy was out of them and didn't realize it.

have you tried your local Suzuki dealer? if there isn't a local one there are plenty on line that will ship one to you.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

There isn't one local but ill look one up online. I never thought about it I just figured it was to old and they wouldn't be able to get the parts.

Comment

you will be surprised what is still available from Suzuki. most parts are still available even for these 30+ year old bikes.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Z1...If its in stock it will be there in just 2 or 3 days. Give them a call.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yeah, that's one of the big things I like about the GS's. You can very nearly build a whole bike with all of the new parts they still manufacture and sell for these old beasts.

Although this may not hold much longer if Suzuki can't keep their head above water.

Also, I do believe your mega welcome has links to a few online OEM parts vendors. I've purchased parts from G&S Suzuki, Boulevard Suzuki, Z1 Enterprises, and eBay.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Hi,

Z1Enterprises.com and GSSuzuki.com are my main suppliers. There is an extensive list of vendors in the "mega-welcome".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

The gen erator/dyno cover? http://gszone.biz/gaskets.html
                Speed Merchant
                http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

It might b the gen/dyno cover ill take a pic when I get home.

Comment

It only takes 20 minutes to cut that gasket from a sheet of gasket material. The bolt holes in the cover are 6 mm. A 1/4" carriage bolt about 3" long makes a perfect punch for cutting the bolt holes. A 5/16" carriage bolt will punch the hole for the locator pin. Put the gasket sheet on top of a piece of 3/4" plywood and sit it on a solid surface. Put the cover on top as a template and punch the holes
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                    X