Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 1982 GS1100 clutch cable fit a 82 GS550L ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 1982 GS1100 clutch cable fit a 82 GS550L ?

So I been trying to find the quick search box on the bike bandit site to cross reference this but am having trouble finding it.

A guy local to me has a GS1100 that is the same year as mine and I would like to get his instrument panel and the clutch cable if it will fit. Does anyone know if it will or not? Mainly want to gauges to replace gas gauge and the clutch cable just snapped on me leaving the grocery store like 10 min.

If anyone has a cross reference manual that would be awesome of you to let me know or even guide me to the "quick lookup" box on the site to do it myself.

Thanks in advance, Ben

Why not just get the correct one for your bike so you know it works?

Just a quick search on Alpha Sports looking at the parts fiche says no
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The 550s have a different clutch mechanism than the larger bikes. The 550s have that helix and the push rod that goes through the block. Get a 550 clutch cable (or two and carry a spare with you) plus a spare little doohicky that goes on the lower end in case you ever lose it. If you've replaced the stock L bars with lower bars then you might consider a 550MZ clutch cable also.

Comment

if you buy a new OEM Suzuki cable and fit it correctly, you wont have to buy another one for a long long time.......
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
        X