head ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head ID needed

I got 2 bikes the last weekend, and one is iin boxes and came with an extra motor and extra parts. The previous owner said he got a 650 head to put on his 550, and its a straight bolt on deal, valves, springs, etc. I have 3 heads here, 1 one the complete motor, and 2 in a box..

they both look like the intake has been cleaned up and ported abit (unless they come that way)..

heres a few pix anyways if you can help ID them

the cast looking one takes big spark plugs, the black one takes smaller threaded plugs.

I do believe the one with the smaller spark plug threads are after 80 for electronic ignitions.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanx, I think the black one is the 650.

Comment

Did you get the 650 cylinders and pistons to go with that head?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think so. there is a box of pistons, that look different then the one on the motor and an extra cylinder

Comment

Excellent. The cylinder should say 674cc cast on it if it's a 650.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

thanx, I will look at them again.

Comment

Working...
              X