Z1 Enterprise gasket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 Enterprise gasket question

Anyone buy their complete gasket set for a GS850? Price looks too good to be true at about 80 bucks....
    -Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

I guess you could call Z1 and complain about the low price. I'm sure they will increase it until it makes you happy if you ask nicely. hehe
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The usual advice around here is to avoid aftermarket gaskets, especially for the cylinders, head, and valve cover. However, that may only be certain brands. I can't tell which brand this is.
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I put on a Z1 valve cover gasket on my GS1100 and its working fine. I would only use OEM head and base gaskets.

Z1 always has great prices..

Comment

Hi,

Is it Cometic? Athena? Vesrah? Folks have had really bad luck with the latter two. You can never go wrong with OEM. It might be pricey, but it just works. Z1 can probably get you a good price on an OEM gasket kit if you're interested.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I'm not sure why, but GS machines seem to have difficulty with aftermarket gaskets for the upper engine (cylinder base gaskets, head gaskets, valver cover gaskets). I personally crispied two valve cover gaskets on my GS. They literally turned hard as a rock and started falling out. The first was on a rally and I found myself doing a Permagasket repair in a motel parking lot so I could complete the rally and make it home. I replaced it with a second one I had purchased at the same time and it crispied right here in town. I replaced it with an OEM gasket and had no further issues with it.
            OTOH, I used an Athena set I purchased at Z1 on my GPz and I have had no issues with it at all. I did use a Cometic head gasket though, because it has an 810cc kit in it.
            On my GS, I purchased a Cometic lower case set of gaskets and they were of fine quality. Not sure they make them for the 850, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi,

Is it Cometic? Athena? Vesrah? Folks have had really bad luck with the latter two. You can never go wrong with OEM. It might be pricey, but it just works. Z1 can probably get you a good price on an OEM gasket kit if you're interested.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              I agree..I tried Vesrah and it leaked.....OEM.. not a drop

Comment

How many miles do you all seem to get on your bike when the aftermarket seem to start leaking?
                1979 GS850G
                2004 SV650N track bike
                2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

On mine I got about 300 miles on the first one and about 50 miles on the second one.

Comment

Got a response from z1, "Vesrah or Cometic." Oh well guess im stuck with paying 95$.. Darn...

Thanks for the input fellas.
                    -Mark
                    Boston, MA
                    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                    sigpic
                    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
                    X