Suzuki 09930-34930 rotor remover tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki 09930-34930 rotor remover tool

My starter has finally stopped making the occasional clunk, and is now virtually silent. After pulling the cover, I see the one way starter clutch ring gear now spins freely in both directions. Anyone out there with the starter clutch removal tool for a 85 GS1150 for sale, rent or borrow?

Originally posted by V84ME View Post
    My starter has finally stopped making the occasional clunk, and is now virtually silent. After pulling the cover, I see the one way starter clutch ring gear now spins freely in both directions. Anyone out there with the starter clutch removal tool for a 85 GS1150 for sale, rent or borrow?
    ................... hi on my 1980 gs1000e,,, i used a 16mm hex head set screw ,thats a 16mm bolt but with thread all the way along and it screwed into the hub ,,and tightened up at the end of the crank and the starter clutch just dropped off no bashing ar screaming at all regards oldgrumpy

Comment

still need tool

OK, so no one has a tool for rent/buy or borrow. Fastenal has a M30 x 1.5 nut that should thread onto the rotor, and with my 3 arm puller, I'll give it a pull. The Suzuki tool for the 1150 is over $75, but there is a UK Ebay seller for around $20 that might ship it to the US if the nut and puller fails.

Comment

Originally posted by V84ME View Post
        OK, so no one has a tool for rent/buy or borrow. Fastenal has a M30 x 1.5 nut that should thread onto the rotor, and with my 3 arm puller, I'll give it a pull. The Suzuki tool for the 1150 is over $75, but there is a UK Ebay seller for around $20 that might ship it to the US if the nut and puller fails.
        I have about $70 in my tool as the one I bought stripped and I had to fix it. They are about $40 on line.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I have about $70 in my tool as the one I bought stripped and I had to fix it. They are about $40 on line.

That works well too! I've pulled a couple of big end crank rotors with it.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

large taper=small puller.
            small taper=large puller.
            just go to suzuki and order an OEM..after market pullers are trash.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              large taper=small puller.
              small taper=large puller.
              just go to suzuki and order an OEM..after market pullers are trash.

amen to that....he speaketh the truth

oz

Comment

My alternate plan of using a M30x1.5 nut went south since the only fast low cost source of a class 10 nut turnedd out to NOT have any stock, and needed to re-order from the manufacture. Instead, I found Bikemaster had a puller thru Amazon that had free shipping for under $30. It could be at my home in a week. In a way, I was looking forward to welding a tube to the nut, welding in a nut for the bolt, and having a homebuilt tool.

Comment

I bought a motion pro one, used it once. No muss, No fuss, Easy money

Comment

a small taper GS will pop right off.
                    a large taper on the other hand will destroy pullers one after another sometimes.
                    many years ago i remember driving around in my truck with my 1150 in the back.
                    went from dealership to dealership as they pulled the thread out of there puller's.
                    finally a guy came out with a propane torch and then hit it with the impact and POP! guy didn't charge me dime...the good old days!
                    i had destroyed my rotor with a jaw puller so even back then it cost me a few hundred to get my bike back together...
                    lesson learned on pullers

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      a small taper GS will pop right off.
                      a large taper on the other hand will destroy pullers one after another sometimes.
                      many years ago i remember driving around in my truck with my 1150 in the back.
                      went from dealership to dealership as they pulled the thread out of there puller's.
                      finally a guy came out with a propane torch and then hit it with the impact and POP! guy didn't charge me dime...the good old days!
                      i had destroyed my rotor with a jaw puller so even back then it cost me a few hundred to get my bike back together...
                      lesson learned on pullers
                      Mapp gas is better and stay on the hub not the magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        Mapp gas is better and stay on the hub not the magnets.
                        agreed but it's my story...lol
                        did they have map gas in 88??????
                        hahahhahaha

Comment

Puller for sale

The puller showed up yesterday, and after coating the 16mm screw threads with moly, installed it and ran the 16mm screw up to 100 ft-lb torque with out success. I took it of, and noticed the 16mm thread was a little sticky at the end. Most likely I should have chamfered the 16mm threads prior to use. I applied a propane torch for 10 seconds at top, bottom, right and left, gave it a couple of light taps, and installed the puller. Being frustrated, I planned to torque it right up to yield, and let it sit overnight. At what felt like 10-20 ft-lbs, the rotor started to come off.

Now to figure out why the clutch would not engage. It works every time on the bench.

Comment

Congrats, it can be one of the biggest GS challenges

Comment

Heat baby, works every time. Well, most every time.
                              1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                              1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Working...
                              X