top end rebuild done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top end rebuild done!

I finally got my top end job done on my 850! First time doing this much work on my bike engine, and it seems to turned out great! Bike has more power, starts quicker and with less choke than ever, and can push choke off even sooner than before. Bike is backfiring through the exhaust which it hadn't done before rebuild. Tightened the pipes a couple of times against the new manifold gaskets and helped a lot, think I might have my slip on mufflers welded to the pipes to eliminate any possible leaks there, but I swear the more I ride it the less backfiring happening. No leaks so far around the new engine gaskets, and plan to check torque on head again after couple hundred miles. Had to get a new oil pan gasket (tried to reuse old one) and have tiny leak, hope to have that done in next couple of days. Then to do compression test just for my curiosity. The longer I own this bike the more I love it! terrylee

Hey that's good news and seems well worth the effort. Good for you!

Comment

Hi,

Nice! I've got to get my top end back together now that my schedule has opened up a little. I should have it back together just in time for rainy season.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

Nice! I've got to get my top end back together now that my schedule has opened up a little. I should have it back together just in time for rainy season.
        Gah! You're alive! Whew. I was honestly starting to worry just a smidge that you were laid up in some way more serious than an overloaded calendar.

Edit: I feel silly, a quick left-click on your username gives me "All posts by BassCliff" which could have let me know you've been posting all along. Regardless, glad to bump into you.
        Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
          I finally got my top end job done on my 850! First time doing this much work on my bike engine, and it seems to turned out great! Bike has more power, starts quicker and with less choke than ever, and can push choke off even sooner than before.

Shweet! gives me hopes of what performance increase I may expect from mine!
          -Mark
          Boston, MA
          Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
          sigpic
          1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
          X