GS750 engine noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 engine noise

Mekanix, thanks for the interest. I mixed up the followers when i put them on the bench so dont know what cam there from . I am in the re-paint mode at the moment, so have drained the carbs for the winter, the roads mostly stay wet and salty here in winter. Not the ideal conditions for an old jap bike .
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

MY GS 850 makes exactly the same noise! So replace all the cam buckets? Best source for parts?

Comment

This noise is extremely similar to the noise my bike makes. I will be tearing it down soon, I'm glad this topic popped back up. I will definitely check the issues listed here!

What is a good site to get the shims and buckets from?
        Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread....my engine is making the same noise, and also suspect worn shim bucket, although, my noise is not as loud. What additional harm could I cause by running the engine? I have a 1500 mile road trip plan, and debating taking the 850 or the Harley. Want to take the 850, but if I will do additional harm, will leave it parked.

Comment

Working...
          X