Would this fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this fit?

I have a 1981 GS650, would an exhaust from a GS550 fit it?

I'm not sure, but I have a 1980 550 and can take measurements if that would help.
    1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
      I'm not sure, but I have a 1980 550 and can take measurements if that would help.
      That would be great thanks. Not sure what measurements I would need, but I presume center to center port spacing, center to center of the studs, I think on my 650 ports 1 & 4 are slightly angle out.

Cheers

Comment

I'll go and take a look
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Some quick measurements:-

Downpipe flange OD - 36mm
          Stud centres - 62mm
          Ports 1 - 2 and 3 - 4 - 88mm to centres
          Ports 2 - 3 - 116mm to centres

Ports 1 and 4 slightly angled out

Caveat - the beer in the village inn was good last night. I'm happy to measure again if you think it's necessary!
          1980 GS550ET

Comment

http://www.thumbsnap.com/79UiHmNe
            See photo. Its my spare head, sorry its a bit fury!!
            Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I think I remember someone posting yesterday the the spacing is the same between the two engines but the diameter is different and won't seal up tight. Maybe a Seaking thread?

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Motad

Hi, I have my Motad 4-1 currently off my 550ET and can take photos with tape measure if you think it will be of any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  I think I remember someone posting yesterday the the spacing is the same between the two engines but the diameter is different and won't seal up tight. Maybe a Seaking thread? cg
                  Not my thread, I'm following this one as well.. might be referring to it later

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholk View Post
                    Hi, I have my Motad 4-1 currently off my 550ET and can take photos with tape measure if you think it will be of any help.
                    That would be great thank you as its a Motad I am looking at. I can get an exhaust in the UK for a 550 but not for a 650, I checked on the internet and according to the website there are only 2 GS650GTX 's on the road!!!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

You can make a tube shaped spacer to make the 550 pipes fit the 650 ports, but as is they are a bit too narrow.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Looks like my problem has been solved, just found a second hand Motad 4 into 1 made for a GS650 for £35.

Comment

Motad

Congrats....trying to photograph mine was not proving easy...was gonna have to get assistance....glad I don't have to.
                          Good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X