something is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something is missing

Sooo..... I am going through this bike and getting a baseline established. I have many things planned for tomorrow and now tonight I notice this about the tensioner. Any comments/help out there. Maybe some one has what I need just laying around on a shelf somewhere never to be used again?? Or...should I consider one those APE tensioners that I saw on another post here?
    Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2013, 09:07 PM.

What bike?? You can use the USER CP to edit your signature and add info like bike, year, where your located. You need the spring, the big knurled knob, the washers and the nut.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

The parts you are missing should be interchangeable on all the GSes. Get the one with the steel knob, the plastic ones suck.

I have a bunch of tensioners laying around if you can't find one.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

1980 850G duh...should have put that there right on the first line!

Comment

Originally posted by 520eek View Post
          Sooo..... I am going through this bike and getting a baseline established. I have many things planned for tomorrow and now tonight I notice this about the tensioner. Any comments/help out there. Maybe some one has what I need just laying around on a shelf somewhere never to be used again??
          You are missing a spring, knurled knob and a retaining nut.

DON'T RUN THE ENGINE WITH THE TENSIONER LIKE THAT. The chain may skip teeth on the cam sprockets and cause a valve to contact the top of a piston.

Nasty and expensive mistake!

Someone local may be able to supply you with the parts or a complete replacement tensioner.
          The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
          GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
          GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
          GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
          http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

great......at least I didn't grenade it yet. One more thing to get done!

Comment

Anybody have the desired items that they would be willing to part with? Just PM you tkent02
              Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X