Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100 copper head washers and 12 mm screws

1983 Katana 1100
    where do the six copper head washers go my microfiche shows different from my service manual.
    And the two 6mm head bolts on the ends of the head are there some sort of rubber washers on them.
    my stock factory bolts had them but theres nothing on the microfiche or the service manual that shows any.

Originally posted by Street Fighter View Post
    1983 Katana 1100
    where do the six copper head washers go my microfiche shows different from my service manual.
    And the two 6mm head bolts on the ends of the head are there some sort of rubber washers on them.
    my stock factory bolts had them but theres nothing on the microfiche or the service manual that shows any.
    Two at the rear cam chain tunnel and the four outside the valve cover.
    The rubber washers go on the very outside of the valve over right above the rectangular cam covers.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

theres six copper

Comment

I can count
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

sorry
          I didnt get what you were saying about where the six copper ones go.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            and the four outside the valve cover.
            Not true! All the copper washers go INSIDE the valve cover. The 4 zinc plated steel washers go outside the valve cover. The 4, not 2, rubber coated steel, 6mm washers go on the 4 screws that do down into the top of the valve cover on the outside on both ends.
            Last edited by rapidray; 12-30-2013, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              Not true! All the copper washers go INSIDE the valve cover. The 4 zinc plated steel washers go outside the valve cover. The 4, not 2, rubber coated steel, 6mm washers go on the 4 screws that do down into the top of the valve cover on the outside on both ends.
              You're right
              Going on memory and it's not so good I suppose.
              Been in there enough to know.

Comment

OK guys I know theres six copper washers that go inside the valve cover but theres two steel washers in there to I dont want to mix them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Street Fighter View Post
                  OK guys I know theres six copper washers that go inside the valve cover but theres two steel washers in there to I dont want to mix them up.
                  The steel washers go outside the valve cover by the spark plug area of the head. There are four.

Comment

got it steel outside the valve cover
                    copper inside the valve cover.
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X