No announcement yet.

750 engine type question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to tell the exact year and type of engine I have ???, I do want to get a new exhaust system for it , and I don’t want to end up with a big set of paper weights !!!
    P.S. Thank you for any information.

P.S.S. the data plate on the frame says its a 79' ???????

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The first of the '80 models were made in '79, but they would be called '80s, not '79s.

Look at the ends of the cams, at the covers. If they are shiny and round, you have an 8-valve '79 engine.

If you have somewhat rectangular covers, you have an early '80 16-valve TSCC engine.

Originally posted by scamp62 View Post
      will try to get some pic's up tomorrow
      the engine numbers are GS75X-1055 if that helps
      Is there any way to tell the exact year and type of engine I have ???, I do want to get a new exhaust system for it , and I don’t want to end up with a big set of paper weights !!!
      P.S. Thank you for any information.

P.S.S. the data plate on the frame says its a 79' ???????
      I believe your question was answered by Steve in post #3 highlighted here.I can't think of any vehicle manufacturer that doesn't start a model year's production run in the year before.Your early engine# would say it's an early run 80.

Comment

To tell the type of engine, it might, just might, be helpful to see a picture of, well, the engine?

Comment

I got this bike in parts so here are pics of the engine in parts !?!?
          cant bitch, for i got the bike for FREE !! "just get it out of here !"

Comment

pic 2

Comment

pic 3 xxxxxxxx

Comment

pic 4 xxxxxxxxx hope that this helps !

Comment

Guessing Game

I got this bike in parts so here are pics of the engine in parts !?!?
                  cant bitch, for i got the bike for FREE !! "just get it out of here !"
                  Dude...you are inching right along with your description...we're dying ova here!

Tell us whether you have a 16V (My Fave) or this 8V these guys here are in love with...

Ed

EDIT: Welcome to GSR btw.
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

You officially have a 1980 GS750E,clear enough?

Comment

Very good !!!
                      Thank you for the info !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X