Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki valves

Hi all,
    I have been working on my gs750 first gen model, engine rattle and repaint etc. When i removed the valves and cleaned them i found on the head of the valves an S logo and a mitsubishi logo ?. Question is - did mitsubishi make valves for suzuki in 1976 ?.
    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

I wonder if someone used Mitsubishi valves as a cheap way to put in oversized ones? We used to use Landcruiser valves as oversized valves for Opel GTs, maybe the same idea here? If so that's good to know. What is the diameter of the valve?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

They have the Suzuki S on them. Probably made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries for Suzuki. You don't think Suzuki made every item on their motorcycles do you?

Comment

There are quite a few electronic components made by Mitsubishi for suzuki bikes.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the had some more joint ventures I the past.

Nic
        83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

They have both Suzuki and Mitsubishi on the same valve, or intakes from Suzuki and exhausts from Mitibishi, or vice versa?

Comment

If you click on the link it shows both a Suzuki S and the Mitsubishi emblem on both valves.Think Suzuki farmed the valves out to Mitsubishi.

Comment

OK then disregard my first post.

Comment

suzuki valves

Ok, I've been measuring valves and i think there standard. Inlet 36mm ex 30mm, no port work and standard size pistons so no tuning mods. Mitsubishi must have made valves for Suzuki. For info the engine # is gs750 18478 and the bike was registered in UK February 2 1977. I bought this bike as a none runner last year and i don't know a lot of it's history other than the engine noise which was the cam followers.
                My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
                X