850L seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850L seat

If someone who has a 850L with the original seat could give me the measurements on it I would be grateful. I had to shave my 80 850G seat down to help my short legs touch the ground, so I'm thinking I could use a seat cover for a L (need new cover). terrylee

bump! please! terrylee

Comment

measurements

Total length is 28". Width in the center looks about 13.5" Heighest point from the edge to front of the step is 10". Bike is right in the garage, so if you need any other measurements let me know.

Drew

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Can't give you any measurements, but I do vaguely remember the original seat on my wife's bike.

Rather than try to copy that horrid thing, try some simple stuff like just shaving away from the sides of your very comfortable seat, instead.

By shaving the sides, your legs can point more downward, rather than splaying out before they can point down.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Try these

These are the best you'll find. Probably the only ones you'll find but the quality is really good. Have made my own several times. They do better work and use as good of vinyl as you can get. Wish I had found them before I spend days making my own. http://www.saddlemen.com/products/sa...rs-charts.html

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I think I can make a decision now. I did shave sides Steve, but had to take some off seat to touch. Have shorter shocks, frt. fork up to handlebars, inch smaller wheel in back. terrylee

Comment

Working...
            X