530 vs 630

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    unless I had every single other thing perfect. I never get that far.
    Ain't that the truth? Every bike is a never-ending project.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

No, never. I lose interest and sell them, closely followed by buying a different one, or just buy another when I feel like it and then sell the old one I'll miss the least. Always will be buying another one. But I prefer the problem child, the closer to perfect they get, the less interest I have in them. Generally the plan is to buy it for a song, get it safe and reliable, ride it until I'm tired of it, then make it pretty and sell it to someone. Sometimes I just can't get motivated to finish up the last few finishing touches, I'd rather tear into something big on the non runner I bought last night.

I'm trying to slow down and keep them longer, only buy the ones I really want, but it's tough.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks for the info in this post. Learned more reading this than any other thread. Was wondering why I would ever go to a shorter link or moth ball my nylon rear sprocket. All I needed to keep my 630 and nylon set up is a 3/8 front offset sprocket.

Will now be putting the 630 set up in a box and going with 530. Info provided here was much better than the just do it advice I've gotten in the past.

Comment

Working...
        X