1982 gs1100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100gk

I picked up an 1100 parts bike to use the front forks/brakes, rear shocks, and a few other pieces. The motor looks pretty complete, I was just going to take the shims so I have extras since I'm in the process of checking my valve adjustment. My question is, if I part out this motor, are there certain parts that I need to sell together? It seems semi-frozen, I took the plugs out and can spin it about an 1/8 of a revolution before it stops dead, but the cams look pretty good and I'm hoping there are more good parts in there as well.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2014, 02:30 PM.

since the engine is unknown to you and it already seems to have a problem of some sort, you could basically do want you want. Sell it whole or piece it out. If the engine was a good runner you'd be far better off to sell it whole. I know the cams should go with the head, other than that I don't think it matter too much. What are you doing with the rest of the bike?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Cam caps stay with the head, pistons and rings with their cylinders, but a lot of people would use new rings anyway. Not much else needs to stay together. Probebly make a lot more money for the individual parts if you have the patience to sell them all.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        What are you doing with the rest of the bike?
        There's not much left of it, other than the motor, hacked up wiring harness, and untitled frame. Once I figure out what I'm doing with the motor the frame will probably just go to the scrap yard....unless someone would have a use for it.

Comment

Working...
        X