Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Basket bearing

1981 Gs850G

I am looking for the bearing thats on the back side of the clutch basket. Im searching Ebay and I'm alittle confused as to what its called that Im looking for.

Can anybody help!

Thanks!!

First, it is called a bearing (imaginative, huh?). Second, it is still available from the dealer. Go to the parts fiche and order it direct.

Comment

Is it just called the Transmission bearing?

Comment

Shop online for OEM Clutch parts that fit your 1981 Suzuki GS850G, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452

I believe the part you want is #20, but I'm not familiar with your bike.

Comment

there are 2 needle bearings only in the clutch side.
          one rides in the oil pump gear(behind basket) and the other in the clutch basket its self and is quite large.
          both of these are very common in all 4 cyl. GS engines 750-1150.
          what area are you from?
          Last edited by blowerbike; 04-29-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I'm from Atlanta. The#20 part you are referring to... Would that be considered the "throw out" bearing?

Im replacing my clutch, When I first put the bike in gear when its warming up it wants to lurch forward even with the clutch pulled in. I was told this bearing I'm inquring about could be part of the culprit for what I'm experiencing.

I went ahead and purchased the Barnett clutch kit. I didnt opt for the Kevlar one. I just got the one listed with "8 metals". Wasnt sure what the big difference was.

Comment

the problem is the barnett clutch.....
              on your ratchet that goes through the pressure plate...
              remove it and there is a needle bearing assembly.
              if all the needles are there it is ok.
              this is not like a car.

Comment

Oh. I was told the Barnett clutch is good. Which one should I be getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt View Post
                  OEM from suzuki.
                  anything else just isn't the same.
                  after market fibers tend to drag because of the material they are made from.
                  the sellers of non OEM tend to make excuses about your bike having faulty parts being the problem when the problem is the faulty lower quality parts they sell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt View Post
                    In general, everything should be OEM.

Comment

Working...
                    X