Dateing gs head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dateing gs head

Is there a way to tell the year of a gs head just by looking at it. Any markings?

You still looking for an early 750 head? Sadly, mine is still sitting on my shelf.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I'm asking about a '79 850 head , but will the 750 work. If so as I said in my PM I sent to you I would be interested. Do you have an answer to my guestion I posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by newfyby View Post
        I'm asking about a '79 850 head , but will the 750 work. If so as I said in my PM I sent to you I would be interested. Do you have an answer to my guestion I posted here.
        Yes there is a very good way to tell what kind of head you have. Post some pictures and you will be amazed at the wealth of knowledge other people have.

If that does not work for you then you might try carbon dating. These things are ancient you know.
        Last edited by posplayr; 05-26-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newfyby View Post
          The 750 head and the '79 850 head are the same, the share a common part number.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            The 750 head and the '79 850 head are the same, the share a common part number.
            My bike has a noise, and it is really disconcerting. Can you tell me what it is? I don't know much about these things.

Comment

It's all in how you ask.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                It's all in how you ask.
                I hear noises but I don't know if my head hurts?

Comment

Don't worry buddy
                  I'll make the call
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i thought from the title of this thread it was about "dating" a person who likes GS's.
                    hmmmm
                    exit only here....sorry
                    maybe bill can help

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      My bike has a noise, and it is really disconcerting. Can you tell me what it is? I don't know much about these things.
                      Is the engine running when it makes this alleged noise, or is it just like a silent noise when no one's looking?

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Is the engine running when it makes this alleged noise, or is it just like a silent noise when no one's looking?
                        Is it really making noise if no one is listening?

Comment

Only when you ride in the forest
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Well, if you keep the throttle wide open, you really can't hear it, so it's not really making any noise at all, now is it?

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                              i thought from the title of this thread it was about "dating" a person who likes GS's.
                              hmmmm
                              exit only here....sorry
                              maybe bill can help
                              Have to admit, I thought this too. I wondered if perhaps it was another forum member's significant other joining and looking for advice...

Comment

Working...
                              X