Anyone used Wynn's Engine oil stop leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Wynn's Engine oil stop leak

Someone locally suggested I try using Wynn's Engine oil stop leak on my katana to cure the problem of a slightly smoky exhaust, or at least to give it a try before I take off the head.

Has any one used this product on these forums and if so how were the results?

spend the money on a gasket and the stems seals..youre gonna be doing them anyways.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      spend the money on a gasket and the stems seals..youre gonna be doing them anyways.

That's a job for the winter months

They do say on their product site that it does the following.
      • Stops and prevents oil leaks without dismantling.
      • Revitalizes rubber and neoprene seals of crankshaft, camshaft and valve stems
      • Compatible with all mineral, synthetic, single- and multigrade oils.
      • Does not influence oil quality or viscosity.

for the $10 or so that it costs I'm going to give it a try

Comment

no such thing as "mechanic" in a bottle.
        plus your clutch may not be to happy afterwards....

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          Good advice
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
            Interesting you should mention the clutch, my clutch seems to be slipping a bit too after I changed the oil. I've not really had a chance to put many miles on it since the oil change as the puffs of blue white smoke coming out the exhaust have kept me perplexed, plus the weather has been a touch moist over here

What do you think it will do to the clutch? Bear in mind I only bought this bike last November and only got it running about a month ago after renovating the carbs and replacing the intake boots.

Comment

Originally posted by CartoonLifeStyle View Post
              That's a job for the winter months

for the $10 or so that it costs I'm going to give it a try
              Do any of their claims address vehicles with a wet clutch?

Something tells me that "the winter months" will be here sooner than the calendar might lead you to believe.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Interesting you should mention the clutch, my clutch seems to be slipping a bit too after I changed the oil. I've not really had a chance to put many miles on it since the oil change as the puffs of blue white smoke coming out the exhaust have kept me perplexed, plus the weather has been a touch moist over here

What do you think it will do to the clutch? Bear in mind I only bought this bike last November and only got it running about a month ago after renovating the carbs and replacing the intake boots.
                i would get the bike mechanically sound and let it smoke till winter.
                i mean if it uses very much oil it will knock the octane down in your fuel and maybe cause pre-ignition..if so then run premium and wait till the off season to fix the smoking issue.

Comment

Interesting you should mention the clutch, my clutch seems to be slipping a bit too after I changed the oil.
                  What oil did you use?

Something energy conserving?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    What oil did you use?

I am not going to say that it's not out there (somewhere), but I have not yet seen any "Energy Conserving" oil thicker than 10w-30.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

What oil did you use?

SAE 10w/40 semi synthetic bought from and recommended by the local motorcycle shop, hence my previous thread asking whether these modern oils are still suitable for these old bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        I am not going to say that it's not out there (somewhere), but I have not yet seen any "Energy Conserving" oil thicker than 10w-30.

He coud have used 0W5 for all I know.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

He coud have used 0W5 for all I know.
                          True. The viscosity of the oil used was never mentioned, but most newbies at least notice the 10w-40 designation on the filler cap.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Don't fall for that snake oil crap! Whatever is broke now will still be broke after. Your wasting your time with that stuff im telling you.

Comment

Working...
                            X