16 Valve 750 Valve Shim Diameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Valve 750 Valve Shim Diameter

Title kinda says it all. I am trying to find the correct shim diameter for the 16 valve 750 (1981 750L). Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2014, 06:08 PM.

Zero .

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Manual for your bike here...http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

they take special shims on the 80-82 750's...
        good luck finding them........

Comment

Your "shims" are parts 11 and 12.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowFocus603;2061384]Title kinda says it all. I am trying to find the correct shim diameter for the 16 valve 750 (1981 750L). Thanks.[/QUOTE

The 16 valve engines do not have shims, they are a screw adjusting rocker arm.
            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

[QUOTE=Ghostgs1;2061421]
              Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
              Title kinda says it all. I am trying to find the correct shim diameter for the 16 valve 750 (1981 750L). Thanks.[/QUOTE

The 16 valve engines do not have shims, they are a screw adjusting rocker arm.
              party pooper!!!

Comment

Dang it, and I was gonna sell him my 80-82 spare shims.....
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Lol wow I feel like a bonehead. Thanks all. I guess I'd be wise to take off the valve cover then ask questions next time.

Comment

You guys... bet you'd take a guy snipe hunting and just leave him in the woods.
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                      Don't be silly, Allie, you are more likely to find a snipe at the beach than in the woods.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Don't be silly, Allie, you are more likely to find a snipe at the beach than in the woods.

I don't think the idea in most snipe hunting scenarios is for the 'subject' to actually sight any game.
                        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          Only for a couple days.

Back when I ran with friends from the JJC, we used to take the new kid out snipe hunting, and then snipe at him with BB guns until he found one of us. The guy who'd just moved back from Israel was really good at it, Mike and Jakob ended up duct taped to trees and their rifles used to snipe the snipers. Snipe hunts were awesome beck int he day.

Comment

Working...
                          X