82 1100 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100 g

I have a 82 1100 g , I found the clutch nut about to fall off , tighten it up , but the motor still has a rattle or knocking at idle , not as bad as before the retighten of the nut , so is the springs or ??? anyone willing to give info ,
    and where is the best place to get a better clutch nut at ? ,
    Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

need help with this, as stated check clutch nut and spring ., pulled flywheel is was tight , starter clutch is tight , what else can make it knock till you raise idle some ???

Comment

My 1100e made so many noises down low that I parked it for 11 years. Clutch nut, clutch basket and starter clutch. In this photo, the top spring is actually broken in two and all the rest are loose. It's one more thing to check.

Comment

I had to replace my clutch hub nut with an APE hub nut. The '82 hub nuts & final drive splinters are made from material that I'd just plainly too soft. Your job nut with not hold torque & continue to slip threads until you replace it.

Comment

I bought a steel core hub from Blowerbike Terry to replace this as well. I agree that the original is too soft to hold torque

Comment

Working...
            X