No announcement yet.

#4 Cylinder Dead - Can't find Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I have very limited knowledge on this, just something struck me about your issue that made me think of reading about spark plugs, caps, and wires, any of the 3 can have resistors, but you only want it in one of the three, and that could potentially be an issue for you. It may not be. Just thought it was worth exploring the idea. Take a look at this thread, the knowledgeable people like Nessism and Steve know what they're talking about. See if any of that info seems to make sense with your issue.

You may want to start your own thread on this.

Tip on using this sites search function.
    Always used advanced
    Type in your keyword(s) and change to search titles only. It's the only way to get any meaningful results.
    Good luck.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Sorry, I have very limited knowledge on this, just something struck me about your issue that made me think of reading about spark plugs, caps, and wires, any of the 3 can have resistors, but you only want it in one of the three, and that could potentially be an issue for you. It may not be. Just thought it was worth exploring the idea. Take a look at this thread, the knowledgeable people like Nessism and Steve know what they're talking about. See if any of that info seems to make sense with your issue.

You may want to start your own thread on this.

Tip on using this sites search function.
      Always used advanced
      Type in your keyword(s) and change to search titles only. It's the only way to get any meaningful results.
      Good luck.
      Thanks for the info! I'll try to dive further into this!
      1983 GS650GL First Bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Mutashio View Post
        Hey guys, in an attempt to stir up an old thread I'm having basically the same issues with #4 cylinder except that regardless of which boot I use #1 or #4 it does the same thing. With the boot fully on #4 doesnt fire, if I pull the boot off and just place it on top of the spark plug the cylinder starts to fire! It's almost like something is shorting out my ignition coil??? Any thoughts?
        Run it in the dark with the boot in both positions. You are looking for spark escaping from the boot to the cylinder head.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Working...
        X