50" Clutch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50" Clutch cable

Does anyone know of a 50" clutch cable that will fit an '81 GS850G? I swapped to super bike bars and need to find a shorter clutch cable to get rid of the slack. I routed it to take it up for now but the cable needs to be replaced anyways so I want to do it right. I found this cable for a TS250 and was thinking of using it if the ends will work on the factory clutch perches on my bike.

Also I had 7.5" too much cable length and read that the stock cable is 58" so that's where the 50" target length is coming from. Thanks.

Trevor

how about an 1100E/ES cable?
    1150ES cable?
    1000/1100 kat cable?

Comment

I have read that an OEM GS1000S clutch cable is ideal for an 850 with shorter bars. I ordered one myself but haven't put it on yet. (Right now my clutch cable loops around behind the #1 carb.)
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
        Does anyone know of a 50" clutch cable that will fit an '81 GS850G? I swapped to super bike bars and need to find a shorter clutch cable to get rid of the slack. I routed it to take it up for now but the cable needs to be replaced anyways so I want to do it right. I found this cable for a TS250 and was thinking of using it if the ends will work on the factory clutch perches on my bike.

Also I had 7.5" too much cable length and read that the stock cable is 58" so that's where the 50" target length is coming from. Thanks.

Trevor
        It looks like it will. Give Z1 a call, they should be able to answer your question.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue with my '81 1100e. The previous owner installed much shorter clubman cafe style bars, and even though the cable was recently replaced, the effort at the lever is very high. I've tried adjusting it numerous times but can't seem to get it right.

Comment

Working...
          X