Z1 Alternative in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 Alternative in Canada?

So I just went through checking out a 530 conversion kit for my 1100E from Z1. Price was decent, $154 for two sprockets and an X-ring chain. Then I got to shipping. They quoted $58 to ship a chain and two sprockets to Canada by USPS. That takes a good deal and makes it brutal.

Any Canadian alternatives that don't add 38% to the cost just to mail a small parcel?

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Are you close to the US border?

Comment

Originally posted by mmattockx View Post
      So I just went through checking out a 530 conversion kit for my 1100E from Z1. Price was decent, $154 for two sprockets and an X-ring chain. Then I got to shipping. They quoted $58 to ship a chain and two sprockets to Canada by USPS. That takes a good deal and makes it brutal.

Any Canadian alternatives that don't add 38% to the cost just to mail a small parcel?

Mark
      These guys...
      Canada's online shopping source for motorcycle, dirt bike, motocross, atv and snowmobile gear parts, and accessories. Everyday low prices and free shipping!

free shipping ocer $69.99
      No signature

Comment

you can try Pete's Superbike as well

Order the top brands of Motorcycle Tires, Helmets, Jackets, Pants, Boots, Gloves & Accessories with the lowest prices and fast FedEX shipping in Canada! With tons of inventory ready to ship and live stock access from all the big names like Alpinestars, Scott, Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, Anlas, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Kenda, Metzeler, Shinko and Heidenau.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
          Are you close to the US border?
          Sadly, no.

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          These guys...
          Canada's online shopping source for motorcycle, dirt bike, motocross, atv and snowmobile gear parts, and accessories. Everyday low prices and free shipping!

free shipping ocer $69.99
          Good point. I have looked at them for other stuff but not this. They don't have a conversion kit but I puzzled out the correct sprocket numbers and chain is chain. Total cost from them is $190 but that is shipped and in Canadian $$$ so it isn't much more than Z1 before shipping. Thanks for the reminder.

Does anyone know if I need the 1.5mm or 6mm washer as well?

Mark
          1982 GS1100E
          1998 ZX-6R
          2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

I haven't used them, and I don't know if they sell chains and sprockets, but they're in Canada and I've seen recommendations for them before: http://www.siriusconinc.com/
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X