83 1100 e cam chain adj ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 1100 e cam chain adj ?

Hey im doin a little work on my bike,and I was wondering if you guys go with the manual cam chain adj or do you stay with the stock ones? I do ride the bike hard . And it seems the ape one is the best,what about these hawk ones ive been seeing on ebay? Any input appreciated Thanks

Originally posted by Mad GS 750 E View Post
    Hey im doin a little work on my bike,and I was wondering if you guys go with the manual cam chain adj or do you stay with the stock ones? I do ride the bike hard . And it seems the ape one is the best,what about these hawk ones ive been seeing on ebay? Any input appreciated Thanks
    I would stick with the stock adjuster. It's self adjusting, requires virtually no maintenance and no user adjustment. The spring automatically sets the correct tension for you. I've never figured out why anyone would want to replace it with a manual adjuster that they had to screw around with. BTW, does anyone know how many ft lbs of tension to set a manual adjuster at and how to measure that setting? I think not.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
    X