Weak cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
    Hanging idle is an air leak, keep looking.
    where would i look? Has all new OEM boots and o-rings.

Comment

Originally posted by kjsamm View Post
      I pulled exhaust on #2 and took a flexible light and mirror and looked at valve. Looked fine.
      The part that burns first is inside the combustion chamber, actually where it seals on the valve seat. You can't see that unless you pull the head. You wouldn't see a burnt valve from the port unless it was so burnt a big pie wedge was burned out of it. Same with looking through the spark plug hole.

Again, what does the compression test say?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        The part that burns first is inside the combustion chamber, actually where it seals on the valve seat. You can't see that unless you pull the head. You wouldn't see a burnt valve from the port unless it was so burnt a big pie wedge was burned out of it. Same with looking through the spark plug hole.

Again, what does the compression test say?
        Haven't done a compression check yet, I am going to in the next day or two. I am waiting for cylinder 2 to burn off some of its build up before testing.

Comment

Also, ONLY while I'm on the throttle I have a light ticking noise coming from motor (sounds like more from top right side). Only appears when I have the throttle open, even just a hair and it doesn't get louder as i open the throttle just faster as RPM's increase. Yes, all valves are in spec and timing, no scoring on cam. Is this just normal Valve train noises?

Comment

Working...
          X