Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leaking near exhaust 1,4 ports

Hey guys,

got a bit of oil staining up the fins right above the exhausts on 1 and 4, clearly seems to be coming from the gasket surface between the cover and head.

Im overdue for a valve check. Having said that the bike is running quiet and strong. I havent touched the valve cover since so the gasket was never re used.

Is this just typical of an old gasket bleeding or symptoms of needing a valve adjustment? (just for future reference )

cheers!

Nik

Typical gasket leaking from what you describe. get a new gasket..and i suggest you DO NOT get a Real Gasket gasket. Go OEM and use the inch pound torque wrench when installing the cover.. Clean the rubber half moon cam end caps and the notch well with some Acetone and wipe a smear of good RTV into the U shaped area and a little across the tops of the rubber end plugs to be sure they seal well. Adjust the valves and ride on.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
      X