i have no idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no idea.

I'm sure there is probably a post about this somewhere on the site, but I can't seem to find it. What are the rubber bits under the side covers of the airbox called, and where might I be able to find replacements? I apologize in advance if this is incorrectly posted.

Cheers

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

# 9, A cushion. 82 650 g, frame, side cover, as an example.

cg

PS. I have no idea what kind of bike you have or where you live. You can list those items by going to CP and typing them in.
    Last edited by Charlie G; 08-05-2014, 11:09 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Google search "Suzuki motorcycle parts", then select a dealership source. Or, search the forum here for some recommended dealership sources.

Oh, and a properly descriptive title which gives people a clue about what you want wouldn't hurt either.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

i have a 77 gs750, and that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'll take a picture of the one I have when I'm wrenching tomorrow afternoon. It goes between the air box side cover and the air box itself. I don't see it on the exploded views of the air box on that site. Thanks tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          Google search "Suzuki motorcycle parts", then select a dealership source. Or, search the forum here for some recommended dealership sources.

Oh, and a properly descriptive title which gives people a clue about what you want wouldn't hurt either.
          Anyone else want to join my new policy/resolution?

NO MORE HELP UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT BIKE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You're probably talking about the rubber seals. These are not available individually. Might be able to find them on eBay, but might have to buy a whole second-hand air box. You'll have to seal the air box with weather stripping anyway, maybe it's possible to do without them with the proper application of weather stripping.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

That's good to know. I'll probably have to go the weatherstripping route. Thanks for the quick responses, and I will be sure to be more descriptive in future posts.

Comment

Originally posted by celtic.ink View Post
                I'm sure there is probably a post about this somewhere on the site, but I can't seem to find it. What are the rubber bits under the side covers of the airbox called, and where might I be able to find replacements? I apologize in advance if this is incorrectly posted.

Cheers
                Are the rubber seals for the air intake on your electric toothbrush or what?????????????
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                X