• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I finally had some time to look at these pics very closely and I want to confirm what I'm seeing.
      the bolts are welded and there are three other welds inside.
      Are there any special instruction to welding it that I need to know?

Comment

Take it to a welding shop or someone that does a lot of welding. I have a good shop locally and it was $20.00. Don't let them put a big bead as it will interfer with fittage.
        Curt

Comment

Will do, Im sure it will become clear once I get it removed.
          Thanks agian.

Comment

Watch for springs and things when you take it apart...
            Curt

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
              Now you made me look at my notes.. and it's all coming back to me!
              I thought all the 1150 came with solid state ignitions. I never had mechanical advance.
              i started out on #2 best power curve but pinging went to # 3 no pinging lost a good bit in the middle of the curve (torque)
              did the calculations and figured why not try #4 how would it know what bike it's on 2 valve or 4. And got an ok curve no pinging and the added bonus of only 7 deg at start figured it would help the starter clutch!

do you think it might be bad??? I mean I was just doing my own thing and that has led me into disaster before.
              i have been running it like this since about '07
              In stock configuration, the 1150 came with an electronic ignition with built in electronic advance. If you have a Dyna2000 system, it too has a built in electronic advance. If you have a Dyna S system, it require retrofitting of a mechanical advance. I put a Dyna S on my 1150E when the original ignition system went south. I installed a mechanical advance from a GS850 (plug and play), very simple to do. With the Dyna S, the rotor will be too tall to fit underneath the stock 1150 ignition cover. You will need to change the cover to one from a 83 1100 which is deeper. To static set the Dyna S, hold the mechanical advance in the full advance position with your fingers and with a continuity light, set it on the ignition mark. Check running advance with a timing light.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
              X