Molybdenum Disulfide Lubricant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molybdenum Disulfide Lubricant

Hi any opinions on engine assembly lube? I was thinking about using Sta-Lube - Assembly Lube from OReilly's.

Looks like that would be just fine. I've always used hi temp NeverSeize, but thats mostly because I have a big bottle of it. heh
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

That is the stuff that I use in all of my builds.

Comment

Ok great looks like I have the right stuff, thank you. I am just getting ready to install my valves, last week I re-ground the valve seats and replaced the valve stem seals. After that cylinders back on and start re-building the head.

Comment

Apply a thin coating to the top 2/3 of the valve stem before installing them. Liberally coat the cam bearings and lobe tips where they strike the shims.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Good advice GSX1000E. Today I spent 3 hours installing the 8 valves 2 hours for the 1st one and 1 hour for the other 7, phew. In that 2 hours I discovered that you need to expose the slot where the cotter half's seat and a bit more. Some Moly paste also helps the cotter half's stay in place. Finally the whole process would have been easier, removal and installation if I had purchased the right tool instead of making my own. Regardless its done, yeh. Cylinder installation next weekend and once again I do not have the right tool. When I was a motorcycle mechanic in the 70s all we used was our hands squeezing the rings and sliding the cylinders on. My recollection is that it was not easy and easy to break a ring but I will give it a try old school.

Comment

I do it old school every time with 1/2 inch square wood sticks. No issues ever. Ask Posplayer how long it took me to install his 1170 cylinders while he watched.
              Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                I do it old school every time with 1/2 inch square wood sticks. No issues ever. Ask Posplayer how long it took me to install his 1170 cylinders while he watched.
                Ray.
                Ray how long you been doing this? 30 years?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                  Ray how long you been doing this? 30 years?
                  Actually, more than 35!!
                  Ray.

Comment

Hi Ray, what do you do with the 1/2 inch square sticks?

Comment

Working...
                    X