diference is the D and Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diference is the D and Z

ok what is the difference in the D and Z clutch plates and spring , besides .35 cent

The Z is for the '82 bikes, the D is for the '83 bikes.

Exactly what the difference is between the two, I will have to defer to someone else.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

need more info...........
      82 what?
      83 what?
      year/make/model

Comment

sorry , 82/83 1100 E/G z ans d same #s for all bike , and the 84-86 1150e , are the D plates and spring better or just more $$$$

Comment

if you speak of 83 E/ES those are a steel backed extra plate set of fibers that destroy your backet.
          one year only and suzuki went back to the 80-82 fibers for the 1150's.
          the big shaft bikes have the same fibers as the 80-82 1100E's and 84-86 1150's.
          all the fibers are now superseded so all you can get from a dealer (OEM) is the separate fiber blocks glued to the aluminum backing plates.
          still good stuff..have ran in the 7's with the new style fibers they offer...just a little pricey.

Comment

Three letters if you wrap......

Comment

thanks Terry what about the spring , ? they offer d and z # or they only have the one now too

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdhd View Post
                thanks Terry what about the spring , ? they offer d and z # or they only have the one now too
                That was probably a different length to compensate for the extra plate.

Now that the extra plate is not offered, only one spring is necessary.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

ok thanks , guys, going to order some in am ,

Comment

Working...
                  X