Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this clutch hub useable?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37656

I'm considering this Falicon clutch hub from one of the members here. I appreciate the fact he was upfront about the grooves in it but want to make sure it's going to be useable. Can I sand them out?

Have a look and let me know what you think.

Paul
    Attached Files
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

if the backing plate is still tight and no broken or loose springs(HD kit)....
    you can file the basket or maybe put it in a mill but it's not a perfection situation.
    helical gears cause enough problems with the bike pulling with the clutch in...at least at the track.
    bad notches will cause the clutch to be/feel herky jerky when you feed it out.
    just the facts..

Comment

Those look pretty deep. If they are carefully filed wouldn't they be too loose?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
        Those look pretty deep. If they are carefully filed wouldn't they be too loose?
        i have filed billet baskets before...worked pretty good plus the price was right
        you may get a little rattle from the fibers if you file them completely smooth.

Comment

The hub was used in my Super Gas drag bike for three seasons. Then it was put in my street bike for several years. When I was doing my engine rebuild a few years ago, I found a real nice clutch hub at a race I went to. I put it in the engine I'm running now. If I didn't find the present hub I would be my running the original one. I'm not really trying to sell the clutch hub, it's just sitting on the shelf... Norm
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I had one that looked close to that and since I was rebuilding the engine anyway and had a better one, I just changed it out also.
            It never made any noise or stuttered either. I wonder just how far they can go before they are not usable? Is there a "wear to" limit or something?

Comment

feed back is good.
              if it didn't shutter then it's good to go.
              my point was using it in a street bike where you feed the clutch aggressively at the drag strip rather than throwing it out with a 2 step and bars.
              with a choice between a stock basket that WILL BLOW UP and an HD basket with grooves..i'd buy the HD basket.

Comment

I would use it. I would also file the notches down. It takes a little while but the gain is better than what it is now. I use a pretty big flat file to "tune them up" & have had no issues with them after.
                Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X