rebuild questions and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuild questions and advice

First, thank you to everyone to answered my other thread..got everything I needed. I'm having trouble finding a oem gasket set that isn't ridiculous in price, also a nuts/bolt kit to replace damaged ones and the crappy screws they have on there. So far everything's looking pretty good, one of the cam chain guides looks a little worn...but I'll be posting a thread in the rebuild section when i can get the pictures up. Anyways, I saw some post in other threads with links to websites for parts but can't seem to locate them now, someone throw me a bone and link one for me please. Also, are what are some "must/should" replace items while i have the top end apart?

Most obvious are the valve stem oil seals - time-consuming but physically easy to do while it's on the bench. Check the valves and seats while at it, and give them a touch up if needed.
    If nothing else, it gives you the peace of mind of knowing it's all fine there.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

One of the VERY IMPORTANT things to do is to update your profile.

Where are you? Someone might be close enough to lend a hand.

WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Please add it to a signature, so it's mentioned with every post.
      Also, suggestions about 'what to do' can depend on what bike is in question.

One of our favorite parts houses is Parts Outlaw. When you get to the checkout window, enter the word BANG in the promo area, you will get free shipping.

Please keep in mind that it will take about two weeks to get your parts. NONE of the online vendors (or any of the 'down-the-street' dealers, for that matter) keep all the parts for our bikes on the shelves. They have to get enough orders for parts to meet a minimum order, then place that order with the Suzuki warehouse. Suzuki fills that order (sometimes from multiple sources) and sends the parts to the dealer. The dealer then has to re-package the parts and ship them to you. All together, it takes about two weeks.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sorry, I had made another post but it didn't post. I thought I had mentioned that in this one. The bike is a 77 GS750

Comment

Working...
        X