GS750B motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750B motor mounts

Just checking over the old '77 today and noticed that something is amiss with bottom motor mounts. The left side bolt is not there and when I shine a light inside it doesn't look like there are any threads in the hole in the engine. On the right side there is a bolt but I don't see any spacer that goes between it and the engine.

It has been this way for probably the last 10 years because I bought the bike at least 10 years ago and never noticed it.

Comments, suggestions?

I know these older inline 4s are buzzy but would this cause more buzz than usual?

Thanks
    Brian

Left side

Right side

Are bolts 17 and 18 and spacer 25 the ones I am dealing with here?

OK, I see how those wedge shaped "nuts" (#20) go in and work. The one on the right side fell right out when I took bolt #17 out but on the left side that nut is really stuck in the recess that it is in. The left side bolt (#18) is gone but that nut is really stuck in there. I can move the tail of it back and fourth by tapping but it and sprayed WD40 in but it is not coming out. It almost looks like there is a washer jammed in beside it making it tight.

Any thoughts...anyone?

Comment

Should that nut on the left side come out easily.

Comment

Those nuts are a pain in the nuts!

But yes, they should just drop right out. There shouldn't be a washer or anything up in there with them. Perhaps a PO got frustrated trying to install that one and jammed it up in there with something? Get a mirror and a good light source and see what's going on.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X