530 chain conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

530 chain conversion

Looking for advice on the best online retailer for a 530 chain and sprocket set for my 78 GS750. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

I thought this looked like a good option: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US . What do you guys think?

Comment

Z1 is a great place to get your conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by zuzu View Post
        Z1 is a great place to get your conversion.

http://www.z1enterprises.com/ShopByC...01040501020901
        Seconded. And they know what they sell, so you can call them up with questions about the conversion.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I did the Z1 conversion JT sprockets - 18 front, 49 rear. But some mess with the ratios for quicker acceleration or longer legs.
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I did my conversion with ebay... Loads cheaper. Just type in GS750 530 chain and voila your there. You may need a spacer but it's not rocket science, just makes sure the chain is 100% straight on from front to back... I also found Bandits 1200 sprockets fit the rear and the front do to (If I recall correctly)... 530 is the way to go. Do some research, and youll rock a new 530 chain with ease. If you plan on owning the bike for awhile I strongly recommend a high tensile X-ring EK or DID chain... They last longer then any Ebay O-ring cheapo.

My 2 cents and experience.

Good luck!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 07-02-2015, 07:18 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

What year(s)Bandit 1200 sprockets fit? Im wanting to run a light weight setup. Thx
              Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Z1 Rocks!

Originally posted by Gbrown View Post
                Looking for advice on the best online retailer for a 530 chain and sprocket set for my 78 GS750. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.
                I recommend Z1. Purchased my 530 conversion but ran into a problem in MrBill's shop...no impact gun...bent a tire iron trying. Anyway, here's some photos of the goods...post 193:

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                X