Shorter clutch and throttle cables for 77 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter clutch and throttle cables for 77 GS750

Been looking around for shorter clutch and throttle cables for my 77 GS750 but cant find any leads as to which cables I should use. My bike has drag bars and my current cables have all kinds of goofy looking slack. I was thinking about giving the cables off a 77 GS400 a try in hopes they are shorter. From the picture it looks like the GS400 cables have the same fittings on the ends as the 77 GS750 cable. My current cables should probably be about 4 inches shorter in order to get rid of all of the unnecessary slack.
    Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks

What do your current cables measure- outer cable end to outer cable end?
    how about taking your current cables to a suzuki dealer and have him find shorter ones?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I use the cables from a GS1000S on my GS1000E with Daytona bars fitted
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Perhaps you could find someone who can make you up some cables. I was snapping clutch cables like twigs after I put Barnett springs in my 750. My buddy made me up a larger diameter cable and it works like a hot damn! As far as throttle cables go, you only need one, the pull. I've been using that for years on my 750, and the push cable broke on my Honda 400 a year or two ago and I haven't missed it. Just make sure the throttle closes properly, you may have to install a stiffer spring.
        Kevin
        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
        X