Time for a new drivechain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new drivechain!

Who makes a good drivechain for a 750cc bike? I would like to get a gold chain. My sprockets are new with a 530 pitch.

Generally best to stick with DID.EK.RK or one of the other "name brands".After years in the sprocket biz JT has they're own branded chain that I have on my 85 750.Seems to be doing well.

Comment

I like D.I.D. I'm going to check out the JT chain you are talking about. What about master link or rivit type, Yesterday I threw my chain and had to push my bike three blocks to home. I was using master link. Thank God it didn't happen on the freeway that I had just gotten off doing 100mph+!!! One more ?--- What is the factory size chain for this bike? 50V is what the manual says, is that like a 525 pitch? Thanks and Good lookin out! Helmut

Comment

Did the rivet master on the 750 but my 78 1000 got a clip master.Thinking now I should have done the rivet on it to.It's a 530 chain.

Comment

I looked at the JT chain and sprocket set, Looks like a nice setup. At $113 bucks I dont think I could go wrong.

Comment

I have the JT 530 sprockets and use a RK Xring chain. You can get a really nice chain in several colors now days.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hey guys, Thanks for your advice, I went ahead and ordered the JT sprockets and chain combo. $113 bucks to my door. I wanted to let you guys know about the guys I bought the combo from WWW.chainboss.com man, these guys are great, they sell every kind of chain you could imagine and super low prices! I messaged them after I had purchased a silver chain and asked if I could change it to a gold and black one. They imedatly called me and asked what I wanted and said that would be no problem and even threw in a spring master link to get me to the bike shop so I can get the rivet link installed! great service from these guys! they didn't have to do any of this but they did, Anyways, Thanks for your advice. Helmut

Comment

Working...
              X