Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an aftermarket oil cooler for GSX750ES/GS750ES ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an aftermarket oil cooler for GSX750ES/GS750ES ?

The oil cooler of my GSX750ES is old, probably clogged and lost its paint. I wonder if there is such aftermarket oil cooler ...
    I wasn't able to find new old stock as well.

Got VERY deep pockets?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

"we do also offer their deluxe bracket set at extra cost..."
      I have deep pockets...but not that deep

Comment

I have a good 1150 cooler with all hardware including mount.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Perhaps these folks have something that can work for you? I mounted a 13 row BAT on my '82 1100.

The mounting brackets from BAT lined up perfectly. A nice clean install.

BAT Inc. offers Mocal and Setrab oil coolers for engine, transmission, and cooling differential applications. Our oil coolers are perfect for automotive, motorcycle, marine applications.

For the brackets and hardware, click on "Complete Product Listing". Then, scroll down and click on "Tools and installation accessories".

Hope that is helpful!!
          Last edited by Cassius086; 09-03-2015, 09:28 AM.
          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Is it feasible to soak, test, then repaint it if it checks out?
            I have shallow pockets, plus I enjoy saving old stuff when possible.....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You may be able to have a radiator shop clean and test it out for you at some cost to you, but those shops are quickly disappearing due to the availability of new/reproduction radiators

Comment

Hi all... I'm brand new to the board. Here's my story:

I luckily found a "brand new" replacement at a motorcycle salvage/mechanic in Toronto for my '83 GS750ES. (Ontario Cycle Salvage)

It has a marking on the bottom: NIPPONDENSO 024100-8380 (not sure about the 83 part, it is smudged).

The reason I'm replacing mine is because the threaded part where the banjo bolt goes developed a hairline crack and it leaks oil directly onto the exhaust header when it heats up and expands.

The issue I'm having now is that the replacement oil cooler has a slightly smaller (maybe 1mm) diametre indent for the crush washer. I can't seem to find metric crush washers anywhere!

Why would an otherwise identical Oil Cooler use different washer sizes??? The banjo bolts (union bolts) fit just the same.

A diagram can be found on this link (hopefully the link works)

Can anyone recommend a place anywhere near Toronto, or online in Canada where I can get an assortment?

At this point, I don't care if it is aluminium or copper.

Comment

Are you talking about part #15 14x20x1.5?
                  I would think a Fast and the Furious import car builder should have metric stuff.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Are you talking about part #15 14x20x1.5?
                    I would think a Fast and the Furious import car builder should have metric stuff.
                    There are LOTS of those shops in Markham!

The part you indicated is the part I'm referring to, but the indent for the outer diameter is different on the new oil cooler.

I just finished removing the new cooler. I'm going to bring both the old and the new coolers over to NAPA Auto Parts in Scarborough tomorrow after work to see if they can see the difference and get me the proper washers.

Apparently, these types of washers need to have a specific Outer diameter AND Inner diameter.

Aside from the regulator/rectifier issue, this has been the most annoying since I've had this bike!

Comment

Working...
                    X