Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 Suzuki GS750 Camshafts

Hello,

This is my first time posting on here, but I thought someone may be able to help me. I am in the process of rebuilding a 1979 GS750 engine and I need to replace the camshafts (due to damage). The problem I am having is I have ordered 4 sets of cams off of Ebay, but every one has been delivered to me damaged. Does anyone know where I can get a good set of camshafts for a reasonable price? I would really like to finish this engine.

Thanks,
    George

How were they damaged? Was it Due to shipping?

Comment

Yes or there was pitting on bearing/lobe surfaces that wasn't listed or shown in the posting. I got my money back for them, I guess I was just kinda wondering if there were any members selling anything that was of good quality. As far as I can tell there isn't hardly anything aftermarket that isn't for performance and/or $600.

Comment

Lots of cam shafts for a 750 on eBay and I saw quite a few sets that had no apparent damage or pitting on the lobes or bearing contact surfaces. BTW: I am always amazed that so many people peddle cam caps taken off cylinder heads. Why? The cylinder head is line bored through the cap casting and then cut to make the caps and therefor the caps should be used randomly on some other head but should remain with the original head.

Comment

Okay as far as I can tell, cams for a 1977 should be the the same as a 1979. They look great, I'm gonna go ahead and put them in this weekend and see how it goes. The only difference I can see is the cam sprocket has plastic pieces on it and my original '79 cams did not. I'll just swap over sprockets if need be.

Comment

Working...
          X